PSM/ HSE Specialist
Aspen Midstream is seeking a full-time PSM/ HSE Specialist to help drive compliance with OSHA’s Process Safety Management Standard, EPAs Chemical Accident Prevention Provision and Risk Management Plan (RMP) regulation, as well as all applicable federal, state, and local regulations. You will serve as a process safety technical professional on PSM regulations and providing compliance guidance to customers and clients. Provide Operations personnel with support and technical assistance for administration of and compliance with the company’s health, safety and environmental programs.
- Update, manage, coordinate and implement all fourteen (14) program elements of the OSHA Process Safety Management standard and the additional requirements of EPA Risk Management Plan regulation
- Oversee and provide the development of process safety information to End Users
- Oversee and support the management of change (MOC) (PSSR) program
- Provide oversight to PSM/RMP program (PHA, MOC, PSSR, contractor management and safe work practices)
- Perform the PHA process as it relates to projects and facilities requirements
- Perform the PSM Audits process as it relates to projects and facilities requirements
- Develop, coordinate and conduct required PSM/Safety Training
- Participate and lead incident investigations as needed ensuring root causes is identified
- Direct on corrective action items related to incident investigations, audits, PHA recommendations, MOC action plans, agency inspections, etc.
- Responsible for completing PSM items to include creating technical reports, maintaining project documentation, and staying current with relevant code changes
- Responsible for the following PSM tasks: Standard Operating Procedures, Mechanical Integrity Procedures, and LO/TO Procedures
- Make required site visits, tasks may include: Site visit reports, P&ID confirmation, Mechanical Integrity Inspections, PSM Audits, and Process Hazard Analyses
- Conducts and/or assists Supervisors in communicating and implementing new programs, such as, QMS Documentation System, Training Material, safety campaigns, etc.
- During daily facility/ site visits, utilizes the Safety Checklist developed by the HS. The checklist documents deficiencies in Fall Protection, Safety Equipment, Best Practices, JSA’s and daily safety paperwork. Assist supervisor/ managers with correction of the deficiencies. Report to supervisors/ managers those areas where assistance is needed to correct deficiencies.
- Responsible for observing operations performing critical and instructional type job tasks, evaluating their performance and correcting deficiencies through the use of Best Practices, STOP, Safety Tools, ASA and JSA’s. This includes stopping the job and discussing with supervisor/ manager/ operator the correct procedure or recommended practice.
- Perform incident investigations to find corrective actions for Near Misses, IFO’s, FSA’s and FAP’s. Report corrective actions.
- Conduct environmental audits as required and ensure SPCC is in compliance.
- Assist in taking injured employees to receive medical treatment as required. Assist in post-incident investigations.
- Train new hires in the HSE portion of the New Hire Orientation.
- Schedule and conduct monthly safety meetings
- 3+ years of experience in a process safety management role managing natural gas processes
- Must be highly knowledgeable in OSHA 29 CFR 1910 requirements as well as relevant OSHA interpretations and guidance under RAGAGEP
- High school diploma or GED
- A total commitment to working safely and participating in all HSE programs. Must have the desire to assist the company in promoting a healthful, incident free workplace.
- English language skills, both written and verbal.
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills.
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Access. Must possess knowledge and skills in window-based computer systems.
- Strong data entry skills.
- Systematic and disciplined approach to problem-solving.
- Ability to perform essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in a similar position
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret common reports. Must be proficient in Excel reporting, charting, graphing, and formula functions and macros.
- Must be able to communicate with upper management as well as semi-skill laborers to help ensure clear understanding of company HSE guidelines, rules, policy, and procedure.
Essential Skills/Physical Requirements/Working Conditions
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to sit and talk and hear.
- The employee is required frequently to use hands and digits to handle or feel work material.
- The employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms.
- Lifting/carry up to 50 lbs occasionally, 20 lbs frequently, and 5 to 10 lbs daily.
- Must be able to use/wear applicable personal protective equipment which may include but is not limited to safety-toed footwear, back support belt, hearing protection, safety eyewear with side shields, gloves and hard hat.
- Frequent assent/decent of stairs/steps, especially at field locations. Must be able to respond quickly to an emergency situation.
- Travel required: 10%